Clinical sexological skills and our popular “SELL”: Success Empowerment Learning Lab, including:
- 10 Steps for best outcomes using sensate focus
- Resolving the top sexual/relationship issues of males, females and couples
- Exploring in-depth case studies
- Role plays for honing in-session skills
- Presentations from live expert speakers
- Dr. Patti’s dynamic lectures
- Powerful media education
- Dyads and group process to anchor knowledge, skills and competency
- Customized step by step process to make your business sizzle, attract your idea clients and bring in the profits! Topics to include: branding, web presence, blogs, vision vs. mission, elevator speech, target niche, marketing 101, simple business plans, media coaching…You will leave this event with a ready made YouTube promotional video that you can use the minute you return to your office!
SexCoachU students: $349.
Students/interns: $349. Must present student ID at registration.
Cancellation Policy: All deposits are non-refundable. For all cancellations of tuition paid in full prior to an event, the tuition may be applied to a future event by Dr. Britton within one year of the initial event. Any payments in full may be refunded on a case by case basis less a $50 cancellation fee. To obtain this option, a consultation is required with Dr. Britton or her staff.
This event is held at our S.H.A.P.E. Center, located on the Miracle Mile in Los Angeles, California 90036.
Limited seating. All applicants will be screened for eligibility. First come, first served.
Nearby lodging available upon request.
Here are the Learning Objectives and Core Knowledge Areas that are required for AASECT Continuing Education Credits (21 total).
Disclaimer: Completion of this program does not ensure or guarantee AASECT certification. For further information please contact email@example.com.
These are the elements required by AASECT for CEs
This GROW training in Clinical Skills and Business Success earns 21 CEs by AASECT
Patti Britton PhD, Provider #08-122V (03/31/14-06/30/2016)
Objectives for this Event (one learning objective per credit hour/60 minutes of instruction): 21 hours Knowledge Areas by AASECT Code
Participants will be able to:
- Discuss and distinguish the sexological clinical approach to working with clients. A;C
- Describe the PLISSIT model and its use. E,I,M
- Describe the MEBES model and its application for diagnosis and treatment of clients. E,I,M
- Discuss the ten steps in Sensate Focus and its application with clients as couples. E,I,M
- Define the aspects of male and female sexual anatomy/physiology as they relate to working with clients’ issues. G
- Describe the male linear SRC and the female circular SRC and their application in working with clients. G
- Describe and discuss the top 3 male sexual issues, with causes and treatment options for each. H,I
- Discuss the impact on the Medicalization of Sexuality or other modern trends in working with clients today. H
- Describe and discuss the top 3 female sexual issues, with causes and treatment options for each. H,I
- Discuss negative body image issues for women with implications for treatment of their sexual concerns. E,H,I
- Define and discuss branding for business success as it relates to prospective business goals. O
- Define and discuss the elements involved in a successful web presence. O
- Develop and present a sample presentation on WDYD. O
- Describe 2 simple marketing strategies for your business, such as social media or speaking opportunities. K,O
- Describe the top elements required for a successful media presence. K,O
- Define niche for your marketplace and identify your primary target audience. O
- Discuss the importance of a gift or offer. O
- Discuss how you will define your own vision, mission, messaging for your business. O
- Demonstrate competency in delivering an on-camera pitch about your business. O
- Show mastery in being able to create simple pitches about your business. O
- Define your next steps toward successful marketing for your business to thrive. O
LIST OF CORE KNOWLEDGE AREAS
To ensure the coursework meets AASECT Certification requirements for sexuality educators, counselors and therapists, indicate one or more core knowledge areas for which the event will provide applicable knowledge:
|X||A||Ethics and ethical behavior||□||J||Sexual exploitation, including sexual abuse, sexual harassment, and sexual assault|
|□||B||Developmental sexuality from a bio-psycho-social perspective across the life course||X□||K||Cyber sexuality and social media|
|X||C||Socio-cultural factors (e.g. ethnicity, culture, religion, spirituality, socioeconomic status, family values) in relation to sexual values and behaviors||□||L||Substance use/abuse and sexuality|
|D||Issues related to Sexual Orientation and/or Gender Identity: heterosexuality, issues and themes impacting lesbian, gay, bisexual, pansexual, asexual people, gender identity and expression||X||M||Pleasure enhancement skills|
|□X||E||Intimacy skills (e.g., social, emotional, sexual), intimate relationships, interpersonal, relationship and family dynamics||□||N||Learning theory and its application|
|X||F||Diversities in sexual expression and lifestyles, including but not limited to Polyamory, swinging, BDSM, Tantra||X||O||Professional communication and personal reflection skills|
|X□||G||Sexual and reproductive anatomy/physiology||□||P||History of the discipline of sex research, theory, education, counseling, and therapy|
|X||H||Health/medical factors that may influence sexuality including, but not limited to illness, disability, drugs, mental health, conception, pregnancy, childbirth & pregnancy termination, contraception, fertility, HIV/AIDS, sexually transmitted infection, other infections, sexual trauma, injury, and safer sex practices||□||Q||Principles of sexuality research and research methods|
|X□||I||Range of sexual functioning and behavior, from optimal to problematic, including but not limited to common issues such as: desire discrepancy, lack of desire, difficulty achieving or maintaining arousal, sexual pain and penetration problems, difficulty with orgasm|